How to look after your hair after having a coloured
So you’ve just had your hair coloured (professionally with me, hopefully) and you want to know how to look after it at home?
Here is a list of “Dos and Don’ts” to follow so you get the most out of your hair colour, stop it fading quickly and keep it healthy and looking fab!
- Do leave your hair 48 hours after your colour service before you wash your hair to let the colour settle
- Do use the CORRECT PROFESSIONAL shampoo and conditioner. I usually colour with Kevin Murphy couloir range and will have recommended you the correct Kevin Murphy aftercare for your hair at your appointment.
- Do a regular treatment on your hair such as K18 or Olaplex. The better condition your hair is in, the longer your colour will last.
- Don’t use really hot water (the cooler, the better). Water that is too hot will make your colour fade quicker.
- Don’t over-wash your hair, instead use a dry shampoo such as Kevin Murphy Fresh.Hair in between washes
- Don’t overuse heat tools, and when you do use them, use a good heat protection product.